Good morning my dears! Today I’ve rounded up some of the things that have been hanging out on my wish list – I am daydreaming about beach houses and summer homes a lot lately, so these are all goodies that would be right at home by the sea. The theme for this mood board started with the vintage US Navy china below – it’s the kind actually used by officers out at sea in the ’40′s, and I am dying to get some now! Enjoy! :)
A. Vintage Tolix chair | B. Jess LC print | C. Toast “Oleron” quilt | D. Jo Malone Verbenas of Provence | E. Chance striped top | F. Vintage 1940s US Navy china | G. Toast “Anatolian” striped towels | H. Vintage wooden bowl | I. Lantern Moon rice basket | J. Platinum leather Baggu | K. Feather tray | L. Handmade bread board | M. Braided leather bracelet | N. Ocean photography by Drea Frost | O. White “Sundial” ottoman | P. Bottle opener
As you can see, I have been drawn to blues and whites lately; they remind me of photos of the Greek Islands (where I’d love to go someday…). All of those crisp stripes and rugged nautical goods seem to be calling for a bit of the shimmer of gold and platinum, so I couldn’t help throwing in that buttery-soft leather bag and the Jess LC print I’ve been pining for. I think I would wear that Chance striped top and little leather bracelet all summer long…add a spritz or two of Jo Malone’s Verbenas of Provence, and I’d be in heaven!
I hope you all had a lovely Independence Day! xo Laura
Good day my sweets! I thought I would do something a bit different today and create a mood board including several of my latest Pinterest finds. I feel the first chill of winter in the air today, so this mood board includes a few treats to enjoy while cozying up and entertaining friends at home.
- Black bow flats, dark nails, and a bold ring. Via Emmy on Pinterest, pinned from Dustjacket Attic.
- Chunky knit blanket. Via Janet Crosby on Pinterest, pinned from here.
- Pomp & Plumage Boutonniere. Found via Kae Zherebnenko on Pinterest.
- This hair color + style. Via Marion P on Pinterest.
- This cool wine rack. Via Amy Feezor on Pinterest.
- This scrumptious toffee…found via biz owner Sarah Tweet on Pinterest. : )
I am fighting the temptation to dye my hair that shade of red…I know I couldn’t deal with the upkeep, but I love it! Well, enjoy your day, my dears, and stay cozy wherever you might be today! xo Laura
p.s. – I tried my hardest to find the original source for numbers 1 & 2, but I can’t! If you can help, please leave a link in the comments. Thank you!
(images sources: linked above)
Happy Monday, my friends! Today I have something fun and a bit different for you – this is a mood board I put together as part of Seattle decorator Maggie Rose’s Lamps Plus link party. I’ve been dying to redecorate my bedroom, so this was total wish-fulfillment for me. I went for a super cheerful scheme using this gorgeous headboard as a jumping-off point. Click on the image below to see it full-size & enjoy!
- The Pondicherry headboard covered in Mustard/Putty Diamond fabric, from Serena & Lily.
- Weathered brass swing arm wall lamps from Lamps Plus.
- DwellStudio Chinoiserie duvet set and pillow.
- Cat Girl print from Irena Sophia.
- Baby Fox print from Sharon Montrose.
- Clothbound Penguin Classics from Anthropologie.
- The Jensen chair from DwellStudio.
- White Wood Stool side table from West Elm.
- Vintage 1960′s bird wall art from Little Byrd Vintage.
- Feathers print by United Thread.
I would love to have swing-arm lamps in my bedroom – they would save on bedside table space, and the ones I chose above look so crisp and handsome, don’t you agree? Then of course I had to add some art that makes me smile, a comfy chair to curl up in and read, and that bedding…I’ve been drooling over that DwellStudio bedding forever! What do you think? Please chime in below and let me know! xo Laura
(images: linked above)