Sneak Peek: Lolalina E-Decor

Welcome to a fresh new week, my dears! Today I have something very special to share with you…a sneak peek at my e-decorating service! I am currently in the process of reworking my approach to e-decorating, so this is not exactly what I will be presenting to clients down the road – but I couldn’t sit on it any longer, I just had to give you a taste. :) For now I can tell you that when it is finished being retooled, the process will be focused more on helping you discover your own brand of style.

For my first project, I tackled Anne’s guest room, a space that needed to serve many purposes: it must accommodate overnight guests of course, yet also serves as a play and study space for two grandchildren and sitting room. Above you can find an excerpt from the final plan I sent to Anne. In her copy she also found a floor plan, budget breakdown, and a few other details I have left out here for privacy purposes. She has already implemented much of the design, and I hope to share photos of the finished room at some point! Click on the e-magazine above to open it full-size, or see it on issuu here.

The room scheme focused on creating a soothing, richly textural neutral palette filled with functional pieces that work hard. There is an updated day bed to house guests and provide a comfy spot to sit and read or knit, ugly closet doors replaced with chic curtains revealing a library inside, and a workspace built for two. I do hope you will have a peek, and let me know what you think!

• Erin February 13, 2012, 6:38 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! I love everything in this! Can’t wait to see what other e-designs you share! And hopefully Anne will share her after photos.

• Nina February 13, 2012, 8:44 pm

What a fab idea. You presented your ideas beautifully and I like the overall feel of your design. I wish you every success with your new venture.
    Nina´s last [type] ..Weekend Escape

• Tina@FlyingHouse February 14, 2012, 1:48 pm

This is so exciting! I love all your beautiful ideas! Congrats!!
    Tina@FlyingHouse´s last [type] ..happy {valentine’s} day

• Melissa de la Fuente February 14, 2012, 7:22 pm

It looks beautiful Laura! I love this idea and love the beautiful room you put together for Anne. Good luck hunnie! I can’t wait to see the finished room!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last [type] ..Cheap & Chic

• Cristina | Positively Beauty February 15, 2012, 12:00 pm

You did an excellent job Laura, congratulations!
    Cristina | Positively Beauty´s last [type] ..A new coffee table

• Anne February 15, 2012, 6:30 pm

Hi Laura:
    I agree with everyone above that you did a superlative fabulous amazing wonderful job of redecorating my formerly pathetic grandkids’/guest room. The room is small (around 10′x12′) and looked silly in the “before” stage with 3 little black bookcases, and one daybed with a white bedspread thrown over it. You definitely transformed the room into a beautiful butterfly. I have made around 3/4 of your recommended changes (covers for the daybed, 2 bookcases for either side of the daybed, the long white desk, the rug, and the chest. I will send photos as soon as I have received and installed the rest of the things I have ordered. Thank you thank you thank you!

• Lolalina February 15, 2012, 7:23 pm

Aww, thanks so much guys! And I am SO happy you are pleased with your room, Anne!! It means so much to hear such kind words…really, you’ve all made my day!