Victoria Smith & West Elm

A fresh West Elm catalog landed in my mailbox the other day, and I was thrilled to see Victoria of SF Girl By Bay featured prominently inside. I think I may have squealed. ;) I wanted to find out more about the shoot, so I did a bit of digging online and discovered that West Elm maintains a blog called Front & Main, and they included lots of the photos of Victoria’s flat so I can now share some of them with you in case you don’t get the catalog. Yay!

I love this shot of Victoria’s dining room, that rug is calling my name! The story was part of their “Parsons Made Personal” series showing different ways of incorporating their Parsons line into your home. The super talented designer Nick Olsen was also featured, you can see photos of his apartment right here.

I am more than a little obsessed with Victoria’s sun room, seen above. The chalkboard paint + intricate moldings + lush plants + shiny light fixture = total gorgeousness. I am so jealous.

In fact, remember my 2012 decorating resolutions? Well, dear Victoria’s home is providing me with a heap of inspiration because she has just about exactly the amount of color I want in my home – plenty of white, to be sure, but punctuated with fun hits of pink, aqua and sunny yellow, and tempered with a few rich, dark blackboard walls.

I am a huge fan of West Elm (aren’t you?) and I think they just keep getting better and better. In fact, I am sitting at my own West Elm Parsons desk typing this as we speak! I have my eye on quite a few things from their Spring collection, so maybe I will do a roundup later on this week.

You can see more images from this photo shoot on Front & Main as well as read a lovely interview with Victoria. And of course, for your daily dose of bohemian modern style, read SF Girl By Bay.

(all images: Front & Main and SF Girl By Bay)

• Melissa Allam January 4, 2012, 11:14 am

I was excited to see that in my catalog too. I didn’t know they had a blog. Thanks for doing the digging.

• victoria January 4, 2012, 12:36 pm

thanks so much for the shout out, laura! :)
    victoria´s last [type] ..wallpaper wanted.

• Lolalina January 4, 2012, 1:46 pm

It was my pleasure, of course! :) xo

• Front&Main January 4, 2012, 1:26 pm

So happy you enjoyed the photos! — and thrilled that you found our blog :)

• Melissa de la Fuente January 4, 2012, 4:29 pm

Just so enamored with Victoria’s style and home. Just so gorgeous, warm and yummy! Thanks for sharing all the pics hun! :)
    xo
    Melis
    ps Happy New YEAR!
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last [type] ..2 of a kind

• Lolalina January 4, 2012, 7:18 pm

Happy New Year to you, too! xoxo Laura

• Kate January 4, 2012, 5:00 pm

Loved loved loved Victoria’s home and style and have definitely taken inspiration from very similar blogs/magazines over the last year. I now have a blackboard wall, quirky prints and clusters of art, perfectly arranged and decorated shelves, mis-matched but complimentary furniture pieces…..but would love to know where the mustard pan and kettle in Victoria’s kitchen (on hob) are from, or if vintage if similar has been spied elsewhere. Thanks all the way from the sunny UK! x

• Lolalina January 4, 2012, 7:19 pm

Good question, Kate – I think they are vintage mid-century Scandinavian, but I’m not 100% sure…I’ll let you know if I find out otherwise!

• Anne January 4, 2012, 5:41 pm

I loved Victoria’s flat as well. And definitely thank you for the online site for more from/about West Elm. I was really interested in Victoria’s pillows because I am in the process of getting the fabric to make some for my outdoor garden. I’m still too unsure to use much color in my house, but am getting bolder in my backyard. I have two lovely pieces of shabby chic rose pattern fabric and am looking for more. The colors are in pink, orange, yellow shades. I bought these first two on eBay, but one of them is not the pretty red that was pictured online, so I’ll go to my local fabric store for the rest. The pillows will go on a pretty glider bench in my backyard patio. Thank you for your inspiration!