It’s nearly Fall, my favorite season! I’ve always loved Fall the best, and even more so now that I live in New England. The crisp days, the rich hues of autumn leaves, apple picking, the smell of damp and falling leaves, everyone with that back-to-school feeling. It’s a fresh start and a time to set new goals, get organized, and start new projects after the lazy days of summer. It’s also a great time to refresh your home, since we tend to spend more time inside come fall and winter. I was perusing the new wares at Anthropologie, and decided it would be fun to round up some of my favorites to share and inspire us for the season ahead. Sound good?
I’ve had this chandelier in my inspiration file for quite some time now – those old fashioned bulbs look great bare! I think it would be fantastic over a rustic dining table. The ruffled bedding is mighty fine, too! :)
Here are nine more special pieces to love:
- The Margot armchair would add a rich note with its classic lines and deep green shade.
- This modern Lucite side table would be great filled with magazines.
- I am dying to sink my feet into this luxuriously fluffy rug.
- I can’t have this twin beacons lamp because Bixby would knock it over, so you get it, okay?
- This gorgeous striped throw in two colorways reminds me of a Missoni scarf.
- I love the smooth wood of this exclamation point lamp.
- Have you ever seen a more rich-looking shower curtain?
- I love the proportions of this modern canopy bed.
- The tattered lace print on these dishes is so fancy and a bit subversive.
Is decorating on your agenda this fall? And if so, what’s on your to-do list or wish list? At Anthro I noticed lots of mustard, rust, teal, raw and reclaimed wood, rolled-arm furniture, overdyed fabrics, sleek Lucite, embroidery and lace… Do any of these things strike your fancy? I would love to hear which is your favorite piece or which you would love to bring home.
Happy Monday and happy almost-Fall! xoxo Laura
(all images: Anthropologie)