Hello there sweet friends! Thank you so, so much for sticking by me as I muddle my way through these past few weeks, it’s been a mixed bag of fun day trips with my Mom (hello, knitting store!) and sickies (hello, food poisoning!), so I haven’t been able to post nearly as much as I thought I would. But ah well, that’s life, right? How have you been? Are you feeling Spring where you are yet? Today the sun was shining brilliantly here, so I thought it would be fun to round up 7 ideas to add a little style and DIY craftiness to your home and wardrobe this spring. Sound good? Good! Let’s go grab ourselves a cup of something delicious to sip and come right back and I will share my seven things :)
2. Wide leg jeans and a floaty floral top feel just right anchored by platform heels and an arty necklace; from Anthropologie.
3. Looking for a project that requires very little effort and makes you look like a rock star in the kitchen? Why don’t you whip up a few spring compound butters like these created by Ashley English for her Small Measures column on Design*Sponge?
4. For a bit more of a challenge, I would love to try my hand at these stunning botanical eggs featured in Country Living – blogger Sonia Bauer created them using her own vegetable-based dyes and cuttings from her garden. Photographed by Dana Gallagher.
5. I am a total sucker for nice packaging, so I would adore this simple line of products based on looks alone – the fact that Common Good is biodegradable, dye and fragrance free, and made in Brooklyn seals the deal. Found on Oh Joy!
6. I love checking out Jenna’s Picks on J.Crew, don’t you? This time she hit on exactly what I am craving: long weekend mornings with my boys in soft, comfortable clothes…and maybe a little neon pink polish for me :)
7. I saved the sweetest for last: Lobster & Swan’s gorgeously drippy cake with her own cake buntings – just one more reason I wish I lived around the corner from Jeska.
Well, that is all! I hope you found a little snippet of inspiration or a new idea to try :) Happy Wednesday! xo Laura