Parcel Pressies

For once I am kicking myself for being so prepared – because if I hadn’t already gone out and stocked up on gift wrapping supplies, I would definitely be doing up this year’s Christmas presents parcel-post style! So, so cute, am I right?

I found this idea in the brand new issue of LMNOP, which is a free quarterly online magazine based in Australia that covers creative ideas “for hip, stylish parents and their children”. There is tons more you will want to see, try, make, and do in this issue, including custom portraits by one of my favorite illustrators Gaia Cornwall. You can download your free copy of the issue right here.

So…what do you think? Would you try this idea? Do you usually spend time planning your gift wrapping or is it more of a last-second whirlwind for you? I used to be a last-second type, but the past few years I have begun to really enjoy plotting out a little theme for my wrapping and packaging – this year I am going simple and bold with candy cane striped paper, red ribbon, and big jingle bells :)

(images: LMNOP Magazine)

• Charla Anne December 17, 2010, 9:48 pm

What a cute way to wrap gifts!
    Charla Anne´s last [type] ..sister weekend-

• Chance @ Designed by Chance September 24, 2012, 9:50 pm

I wrapped my presents similarly last year. I used brown paper and bakers twine with a cute label. They looked great. My mother-in-law was not convinced until she saw them all together. I like to do a different theme each year.
    Chance @ Designed by Chance´s last [type] ..Tea Tin Herb Garden

• Janeen October 24, 2012, 10:09 am

Would love to try this but it doesn’t seem like their issues are free…I’d consider buying it but not sure which issue its in. Can you please share? Thanks!

• Jenna Z October 25, 2012, 5:30 pm

This is an adorable idea, but it looks like they used real stamps which seems like a huge waste of money to me! I think I’m going to make my own stamps and address stickers, love the striped butcher’s twine too!
    Jenna Z´s last [type] ..Getting Along

• Stephanie October 30, 2012, 5:31 pm

you can mail packages with twine wrapped around them like that??

• Lolalina October 30, 2012, 6:35 pm

Hi Stephanie – These are meant to be gift wrapping ideas, though I wish you could mail them like this! If you wanted to mail your gift you would need to put the wrapped gifts in a plain box. xo

• Kisha November 9, 2012, 12:32 pm

I completely love this idea. However, I can totally see myself over obsessing about not having the right items to make it look exactly as above. or frantically wondering how to make it work well. This project, could very well send my OCD over the wall…lol too many elements, too many pieces that aren’t assembled nicely in a little package.

Wait, maybe thats what I need to do…lol figure out where to find this in a nice neat little package to make it very easy for me….

oh dear. Obsessing already! :)
    Kisha´s last [type] ..It’s not our right, it’s our DIGNITY

• Amanad November 10, 2012, 6:33 pm

Any ideas on where to get a few of these items? Do they sell most of this stuff at a craft store? Michaels maybe?

• Alex November 15, 2012, 2:14 pm

Love the idea! I was thinking to do that and leave it at my little cousins house or our nice neighbors maybe to put it in our mailbox and let my daughter check the mail :) Great!!! This is so neat!

Just curious where you can buy Christmas stamps, I used to get it at dollar store or Michaels but I can’t find it anymore :( Any website by chance???

Thanks a lot! ♥♥♥

• Wendy November 26, 2012, 1:48 pm

I’ve seen packets of cancled Christmas stamps at Hobby Lobby. Maybe that helps.